DRUNK ELEPHANT A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream
What it is: A clean, cutting edge formula with one-percent vegan retinol and superfood-rich ingredients to diminish the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Dark Spots, and Dryness
Formulation: Lightweight Cream
– One-Percent Retinol: A pure form of vegan retinol, one of the most well-researched ingredients in skincare, capable of bringing balance to any skin concern. At a one percent concentration, retinol can dramatically improve the look and feel of uneven skin tone and texture as well as ward off the damage done from daily exposure to UV rays, pollution, or other free radicals.
– Triple Peptide Blend: A potent trio of peptides that helps firm and strengthen, boosting the age-fighting benefits of retinol.
– Vitamin F: Soothing fatty acids (linolenic and linoleic) that work to improve skin’s texture and suppleness and help calm signs of sensitivity.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan and cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Retinol and supportive peptides restore bounce, resilience, and clarity to skin while helping to even tone and texture without redness and irritation. Vitamin F and a curated blend of oils replenish lipids and moisture while antioxidant-packed ingredients defend against environmental stressors.
Free of essential oils, silicones, and fragrance.
Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of their formulations. They never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility. That’s why they focus on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support and maintain the skin’s acid mantle. But what they leave out of their products is just as important as what they put into them, so you will never find what they call the Suspicious 6 (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS) in their line. Drunk Elephant believes that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue, and when they’re removed entirely from your routine—that is, when you take a Drunk Break™—skin can reset and return to its healthiest, most balanced state. This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence.
Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and is cruelty-free.
– Men’s Health, 2019 Grooming Award
– Women’s Health, 2019 Beauty Award
Clinical Results: In an independent consumer testing panel of 45 women ages 25 to 55:
– 100% of testers agreed skin clarity was improved
– 94% of testers agreed skin texture felt smoother
– 88% of testers agreed skin felt firmer
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.