DRUNK ELEPHANT Protini™ Polypeptide Moisturizer
What it is: A protein moisturizer that combines signal peptides, growth factors, amino acids, and pygmy waterlily to improve the look of skin’s tone, texture, and firmness.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Dryness, Dullness and Uneven Texture, and Loss of Firmness and Elasticity
– Nine Signal Peptide Complex: Serves to bind moisture to skin to plump, firm, and restore bounce to skin’s appearance, helping to support skin’s natural self-renewal process.
– Pygmy Waterlily Stem Cell Extract: Acts as an excellent source of antioxidants and nutrients to nurture the skin; it is extremely moisturizing, soothing, and calming and is effective in supporting healthy, youthful-looking skin.
– Soybean Folic Acid Ferment Extract: A B vitamin that plays a central role in maintaining youthful, elastic skin; skin becomes actively thirsty for folic acid, especially after exposure to sun.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan and cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Protini restores younger, revived-looking skin. Lines, wrinkles, and sun damage appear reduced and skin feels strengthened and moisturized. Think of Protini like adding protein to your smoothie. Abundant with proteins and nutrients, it replenishes and restores skin to a strong, healthy state. Formulated at an ideal pH level of 4.0.
Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of their formulations. They never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility. That’s why they focus on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support and maintain the skin’s acid mantle. But what they leave out of their products is just as important as what they put into them, so you will never find what they call the Suspicious 6 (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS) in their line. Drunk Elephant believes that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue, and when they’re removed entirely from your routine—that is, when you take a Drunk Break™—skin can reset and return to its healthiest, most balanced state. This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence.
Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and is cruelty-free.
Clinical Results: In an independent consumer-testing panel of 50 women ages 25 to 55:
– 100% agreed their skin felt replenished and nurtured
– 97% agreed their skin felt moisturized
– 97% agreed their skin texture felt soft and smooth
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.