Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser
What it is: A PH-neutral, daily cream cleanser that gently washes away impurities without stripping skin—leaving it hydrated, feeling soft, and looking luminous.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, and Combination
Skincare Concerns: Dryness
– Blend of Japanese Algae: Leaves skin feeling soft, comforted, and nourished.
– Hyaluronic Acid: Helps skin look smooth and plump with hydration.
– Tatcha‘s Signature Hadasei-3: Restores a visibly healthy-, youthful-looking radiance.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free.
What Else You Need to Know: For centuries, Japanese women have repurposed the milky water leftover from rinsing rice for cooking to use in their beauty rituals. A rich source of vitamins A, B2, B12, and E, this byproduct softens and boosts the look of luminosity. This original cleansing ritual was the inspiration for this wash, combining Okinawa red algae and hyaluronic acid with Japanese rice powder to replenish essential moisture for clean, hydrated skin.
Every Tatcha purchase supports equality in education through their Beautiful Faces, Beautiful Futures program.
Clinical Results: Based on an expert grader survey of 25 subjects over a 4-week period:
– +39% average boost in skin hydration was measured.
Based on a self-assessment of 25 subjects over a 4-week period:
– 92% felt skin was healthy-looking and felt softer
– 96% felt skin was balanced